Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good News and Reviews

Well, my next book is barely out of the warehouse and things are getting ready to kick into gear. I'm excited to be heading to Columbia tomorrow for the SC Book Festival and speaking on a "Faith in Fiction" panel with authors Beth Webb Hart and Ann Gabhart. Then, off to Hilton Head Island (my hometown) to speak to the National Association of Principals of Schools for Girls (NAPSG). I guess I need to start eating my Wheeties.

The book has been garnering positive reviews!

ChristianBookPreviews.com calls Trouble the Water "a well-written, emotionally-involved novel that all women will want to read."

Library Journal gave it a *starred review* and says Trouble the Water "...joins the ranks of strong fiction that highlights the complicated relationships between women. Highly recommended."

Fresh Fiction calls Trouble the Water "A touching, inspirational and realistic look at dealing with death. The true value of love between siblings and the importance of the belief in God is strongly portrayed. This story is well-written and keeps the interest of the reader."

And Publisher's Weekly calls Trouble the Water "compelling."

I am looking forward to sharing my heart with my readers, old and new, with this book. My motto, as always: If just one person reads it and is moved by it, well, my job will be done. I suspect though that God has even bigger plans for the book and for all of us who follow our hearts to honor Him.

No comments: