Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The First Book Signing

Well, tonight's the night! I'm having what all aspiring authors dream about--my first book signing! Thankfully it will be among friends, some old, some new, at the Hamlet Fine Art Gallery in downtown Charleston. I'll be reading from my novel, The Spirit of Sweetgrass, plus I've been working hard in the past few weeks painting new works for tonight. Here's a sneak preview of one of them, "Wade in the Water II".

I'm also excited that Nakia Wigfall, president of the Mt. Pleasant Sweetgrass Basketmakers' Association, will be there as a guest of honor and may offer some of her beautiful baskets for sale. With a group like this of artists and Lowcountry enthusiasts plus just a tiny bit of champagne, should be a good time for all. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: