Thursday, March 01, 2007

Girls' Night Out!

Last night was a ball. At least I had one. We had a Girls' Night Out at the gallery (Hamlet Fine Art Gallery, that is), and I met a terrific group of ladies. Some are from Charleston, others have just moved here, but we all love the Lowcountry.

After delicious hors d'oeuvres and champagne we settled into the main gallery where I gave a little talk about the origins of The Spirit of Sweetgrass and shared my creative process for writing and painting. Then I read the prologue and introduced my character, Essie Mae! That was just so much fun. Next Nakia Wigfall, who'd brought some of her own sweetgrass baskets, gave a wonderful talk about the plight and progress of Mount Pleasant basketmakers. The group had so many questions for Nakia we almost ran out of time for the book signing!

I've posted photos from the evening here (http://www.nicoleseitz.com/events_022807.htm)!

No comments: